Besides the missed opportunities, this can be a dangerous practice as well. Hotels that ignore social media do so at their own peril. The public has shown its willingness to unleash their wrath on brands who have proven themselves or been perceived to be somehow less than satisfactory to their customers. It is especially essential, given the nature of the hospitality industry, for hotels to stay ahead of the curve. The conversation about your hotel brand is taking place on social networks, whether you are present or not. It is vital for all hotels to be aware and part of those conversations.
By the same token, the nature of social media can work extremely well for a hotel marketing campaign. Hotels have relied partially on favorable word-of-mouth advertising for as long as they have existed. Social media is nothing more than word-of-mouth on a grander and higher technological scale. An ongoing and vibrant social media presence benefits any hotel in a variety of ways including:
- Higher level of brand recognition and visibility.
- Improved customer service.
- More direct and increased opportunity for guest interaction when they are not physically on the property.
- Building, managing, and repairing, if necessary, the hotel’s reputation both online and off.
- Leveraging new revenue opportunities through direct hotel booking on social channels.
Posted via OnFast - http://www.OnFast.com