Each year during the holidays it can be very difficult and stressful to balance the things that need to get done on the home front, while still getting your tasks done at work. Here are some ideas for balancing the two without too much stress.
- Start your shopping earlier in the year, say October or in the beginning of November. You can do a little bit of shopping on your breaks (online) or over lunch.
- Make an effort to get a holiday item done each day, that way it doesn’t all pile up at once.
- Prioritize both work and home items that need to get done during the holidays. Figure out what needs to be accomplished and backlog the less important items until after the New Year.
- At this time of year there can be so many distractions. Make up your mind that for certain hours during the day you will stay focused and not let distractions pull you away from what you’re trying to get completed. For example, from 9am to noon you will work on a particular task while at work without allowing any distractions to get in the way.
- Scheduling and planning work duties and personal down time will make you stick to your plan. Schedule dinner and a movie with your family or some holiday activities.
- To brighten the mood around the office with some holiday cheer, bring in some holiday treats and do a little decorating.
- Make sure you get enough exercise during each week to help keep your stress level down over the holiday season. If it’s too dark after work to go for a walk, go for a short one after lunch. Many people do their best creative thinking while going for a walk, and you’ll feel refreshed and ready to get back to work.
- Get plenty of rest. Skip a few parties (it’s ok to say no sometimes), and get to bed at a decent hour most nights. It will keep you healthy and less stressed, which in turn will be beneficial for getting all of your tasks and commitments accomplished during the holidays.
From all of us at Above Property, we wish you a happy, healthy and stress free holiday season.
Posted via OnFast - http://www.OnFast.com